Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
- Father God through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, burial and resurrection from the dead has reconciled the world to himself.
- We have received the undeserved favor of God.
- Father God accepts us in the Beloved.
- The grace in which we stand empowers us to desire and do the will of God.
Taking these together, we freely receive all that the Lord Jesus obtained for us in his death, burial and resurrection. We can never earn or do enough to obtain his favor because He has already given us His grace through faith.
We are not required to do the following;
- Monitor our own behavior.
- We are not required to focus on our own righteousness established by our works. Focusing on our righteousness or being self-righteous diverts our attention from Jesus and His loveliness. It erodes our faith and dependence on Him. Father God does not ever effect change in us by threats, troubles, or any part of the curse that is operating in the earth today.
Please freely receive all that our Lord Jesus Christ has given to us in our inheritance.